Dallas for Couples—Top 10 Summer Must-Do’s
A weekend in Dallas will be one to remember with these one-of-a-kind activities.
2. Shop ’Til You Drop—Make a date to stop by Highland Park Village where you can choose from high-end boutiques like Escada, Tory Burch, Diane von Furstenberg, Hermès, Trina Turk and more. NorthPark Center is the shopping mall of all shopping malls, featuring Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York and Nordstrom. Last stop, the very first Neiman Marcus flagship store in downtown Dallas.
3. Art in the City—Take a tour with your sweetie of the largest arts district in the nation. Spanning 68 acres and 19 contiguous blocks, the Dallas Arts District includes venues such as the Dallas Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, The Trammell and Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art, the AT&T Performing Arts Center, and the Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park.
4. Picnic at Dallas Arboretum—The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, one of the most beautiful outdoor attractions in Dallas, features 66 acres of spectacular display gardens that showcase incredible seasonal flowers, ornamental shrubs, trees and plant collections in a serene setting on White Rock Lake. Stroll hand in hand through any of the 14 colourful display gardens, or catch a live concert any Tuesday or Thursday throughout the summer.
5. Serenade Your Sweetheart—Float away on your private gondola cruise ride on the Mandalay Canal and Lake Carolyn with Gondola Adventures. For added romance, stay at Four Seasons Resort Dallas at Las Colinas and order dinner to go from the Resort’s In-Room Dining menu.
6. Adults Only—Surrender to the tranquillity of the secluded Spa Pool at Four Seasons Resort Dallas, reached by a private-access stairwell in the Spa. Take a quick dip, relax with refreshing cocktails or enjoy an intimate dinner poolside.
7. Tasting Menu at Café on the Green—Let Four Seasons staff create a customised menu just for you. Café on the Green offers guests the ultimate in customer service and is home to one of Texas’ master sommeliers, James Tidwell. James can assist with an array of tasting wines to pair with your menu selections. It’s the perfect way to savour a romantic evening.
8. Laugh Out Loud—Tickle your funny bone with an outing to the Improv in nearby Addison. It’s your one-stop shop for comedy and dining. Afterwards, step next door to Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar, where you can sing the night away with no remorse . . . because everyone else is singing too.
9. Divide and Conquer—We all know that opposites attract. So it’s okay that you and your loved one may not have the same ideas on how to relax. That said, test your skills on our award-winning TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas golf course and walk in the footsteps of golf’s greatest champions. Ladies, if golf isn’t your game, take those four to five hours while he’s playing to relax in The Spa & Salon at Four Seasons. There are serene lounge areas, an extensive menu of pampering treatments and a dedicated salon. Later, reconnect over cocktails in Bar 19.
10. I Love Rock and Roll—Enjoy a night to remember at the House of Blues in Dallas. From a rock band to big names to local singer-songwriters, HOB has something for all musical tastes. Next, spice up your morning with HOB’s world-famous Gospel Brunch every Sunday. You’ll relish every moment.
Feeling inspired? Start planning your escape to Dallas today and enjoy a complimentary third night with our Stay Longer package.
Or, read about more summer fun in Texas.