7 Authentic Four Seasons Experiences
Memories as a souvenir last longer than anything tangible. Here is a sampling of unique experiences at Four Seasons around the world.
Just because you’ve packed your bags and returned home doesn’t mean the vacation has to be over. Collecting souvenirs from your travels will serve as a happy memory of your experience and will bring a smile to your face every time you see or use it. Collecting keepsakes from your journeys will also curate a unique collection with special meaning to you.
But taking a memory away from your vacation is not limited to a tangible object; you can also learn a new skill developed in-situ that reminds you of your travels and new experiences.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts staff, with their extensive knowledge of the four corners of the world, can help you cultivate these authentic souvenirs. Whether you’re interested in learning how to cook Thai food like a local, or hunting for the perfect object d’art, here’s how Four Seasons can guide you in your adventure.
• Do your sweet tooth a favour and visit Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva where you’ll be led on an exclusive tour of Switzerland’s oldest chocolate manufacturer, Favarger. Complete your Switzerland experience with a private lesson on chocolate crafting, included in the tour.
• If fine leather is what you’re searching for, Four Seasons Hotel Firenze has a personal shopper who will take you to the city’s specialty leather-goods makers. Your specialised guide will show you all of the finest factories in Florence, and you’ll head home with a special leather piece (or many!) that will remind you of your travels for years to come.
• For the ultimate in tailored-chic, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong experts can guide you through the city on the pursuit of a perfectly tailored suit. Together you’ll discover the most coveted tailors in the world that many never get to visit.
• What is the ultimate intimate, personal souvenir? A custom-blended fragrance will have everyone asking, “What are you wearing?” Four Seasons Resort Nevis has teamed with Anje, a celebrity perfumer, to create personal scent analysis and one-on-one perfume consultations to create your own bottled fragrance, the epitome of a unique souvenir. Amazingly, this memorable experience is also available at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Four Seasons Resort Lana’i at Manele Bay and Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane.
• If a truly distinctive lesson is what you’re looking for, visit Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand for mahout training. Dressed in a traditional ensemble, you’ll learn to bathe, feed and care for the majestic elephants. You’ll return home with the knowledge of how to command an elephant through a Thai jungle—not your average skill!
• Looking for a lingering taste of your travels? Look no further than the Cooking School at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. Appropriate for both a novice and a skilled chef, this experience will teach you the art of Thai cuisine. Also included in your culinary adventure is a Thai spirit house blessing and guided tour of local food markets.
• Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake will help you bring a bite of China home with you. Go on a Dragon Well Tea Plantation Walk and hear all about the region’s longjing (dragonwell) tea, see how it is grown and take a bag (or two!) home with you. Once you’ve returned home, the tea—a drink highlighted in both the Hotel’s Restaurant and Spa—will remind you of your trip with every sip.
With so many different experiences to choose from, isn’t it time to start your personal collection?