Drive Fast? Check Out 17 Motor Sports Clubs Just For You
If you like to take to the road racetrack style, we have just the spots for you to drive your car . . . very fast.
Motor sport “country clubs” are a small but growing phenomenon in the world of sports. Featuring not golf courses and tennis courts but road-racing tracks, motor clubs allow members to drive Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris and BMWs at speeds that would earn them handcuffs and permanent pedestrian status on any public highway. Here is a selection of some of the finest in the United States . . . and the world. If your travels take you to the U.S., check out these parks.
- Alpine Motorsports Club, in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania near Allentown.
- Atlanta Motorsports Park, set to open in fall 2010, is being created with the “green” objective of reducing its carbon footprint.
- Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois—50 miles southwest of Chicago.
- Performance Driving Club at the Bluegrass Motorsports Park, midway between Louisville, Kentucky, and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Eagles Canyon Raceway Driver’s Club, 70 miles northwest of Dallas, Texas.
- The Club at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Connecticut—about two hours north of New York City or three hours west of Boston.
- The exclusive, members-only Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, New York—90 minutes northwest of New York City.
- Motor Sport Country Club of Colorado, 55 minutes from Denver.
- Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Texas—14 miles from Fort Worth and 43 miles from Dallas.
- Drivers Club at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, New Jersey, midway between New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Oregon Raceway Park Club, 130 miles east of Portland, Oregon.
- Palmetto Motorsports Club at Carolina Motorsports Park, 65 miles south of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Racers Ranch, 40 miles east of Dallas.
- Club Spring Mountain at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, in Pahrump, Nevada, 45 minutes west of Las Vegas.
- VIR Motorsport Country Club at Virginia International Raceway near Danville, Virginia.
Around the World
If your travels take you to Europe, you may want to check out these parks.