Dallas—Top 10 Family Summer Must-Do’s
Prepare to start planning your ultimate family escape. Dallas puts its own twist on treasured family time together.
1. Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My!—Get ready to bond with thousands of animals at the oldest continuous zoo site in Texas. Founded in 1909, the Fort Worth Zoo offers education programs, hands-on interactive attractions, a petting corral, a rock climbing wall, a carousel and a real train. Kids can also experience Summer Zoo Camp, which includes nine weeks of exciting themed adventures for children from age three through sixth grade, from fun crafts to wild excursions.
2. Feel the Sand Between Your Toes—Practice your sandcastle building at our authentic white-sand beach at The Family Pool. Take a dip in the cool pool or enjoy weekend activities such as pool basketball, pool volleyball, foosball, ping-pong and much more!
3. Summerfest Camps—Swing, serve and splash at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas‘ annual summer camps designed to introduce your child to sports such as golf, tennis, fitness and swimming. Guests can attend daily to four-day camps while staying with us. Also, choose from an array of complimentary activities available for kids at The Resort that will make you feel like you are away at summer camp!
4. Take Me Out to the Ballgame—America’s favourite pastime is located just minutes down the road from Four Seasons. The Rangers Ballpark at Arlington is home to the American League Champions, the Texas Rangers. Catch a game with the whole family and let the kiddos run the bases when they join the Jr. Rangers Family Club!
5. Dallas World Aquarium—Explore the rain forests and oceans with the Dallas World Aquarium’s amazing exhibits, featuring exotic birds, marine wildlife, reptiles, mammals and different ecosystems. The kids will enjoy the special feedings for penguins, otters, sea turtles and more.
6. Wanna Race?—Take the whole family out to Speed Zone Dallas and race karts through twists and turns. It will leave you screaming for more! After the adrenaline rush, test your bowling skills in the StrikeZone, test your golf skills on a family putt-putt golf course or play the latest and greatest games in Electric Alley.
7. Tour of the Mothership—Did you know that Dallas boasts the world’s largest 1080p HDTV video board at Cowboys Stadium? The $40 million video board configuration has 30 million light bulbs, weighs 600 tons and is 48 feet wide! This is the only TV to watch America’s favourite team on—the Dallas Cowboys. Take a tour of this 3 million-square-foot stadium, or see a live concert. Whatever you choose, the sight of this tremendous venue will not disappoint.
8. We Built This City—Jump into the biggest box of LEGO bricks at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center at Grapevine Mills Mall, with over 2 million LEGO bricks all under one roof. Don’t miss MINILAND, where you can see the local Dallas skyline light up at night. The amazing 4D cinema inside the LEGO Studios will have you on the edge of your seat as an incredible action adventure unfolds in 3D before your very eyes and then comes to life in the fourth dimension, too, when flurries of wind, rain, lightning and even snow burst into the auditorium!
9. Six Flags Over Texas—Do you have a thrill seeker in the family? If so, Six Flags Over Texas is the place for you, with over 100 thrilling rides and attractions. Don’t miss the new Texas Giant roller coaster, and the new Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast, where you can chill out backwards going 70 mph. Six Flags also offers a variety of family-friendly shows and attractions, plus fun-filled themed areas like Looney Tunes USA for the kids.
Plan your family summer vacation today and enjoy a complimentary third night with our Stay Longer package.
Or, read more about summer fun in Texas.