6 Things To Do With Kids in Santa Barbara
Discover the best time to visit the Santa Barbara Zoo, the most family-friendly beaches, things to do at Stearns Wharf and more.
A getaway to Santa Barbara, California, may appeal to adults for its restaurant scene, shopping, beaches and of course, the mild climate. But Santa Barbara can be a delightful destination for children, too. Whether you come for the whale-watching that commences in February or the Summer Solstice Celebration Parade in June, there are a number of activities for kids to enjoy year-round.
1. The Santa Barbara Zoo is never too crowded.
2. The Ty Warner Sea Center at Stearns Wharf is perfect for little marine biologists.
3. The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History features a full-size cast of the most complete pygmy mammoth skeleton ever discovered.
4. There are four beaches ideal for families: Butterfly Beach, East Beach, West Beach and Leadbetter Beach.
5. Chase Palm Park is great for free play and a picnic lunch.
6. Old Mission Santa Barbara offers a bit of California history for young and old alike.
Read more from Four Seasons Have Family Will Travel blogger Katie Dillon.