Houston—Top 10 Summer Must-Do’s
The summer is filled with city excitement in Houston. Here's a list of ideas to get your plans started.
- On a Mission: Houston is the official home of NASA’s Mission Control and Johnson Space Center. A must-see activity for all ages, guests enjoy an inside look at the astronaut training facility, aerospace hub, and transfer site for NASA-developed technology.
- Moments of Discovery: An ideal spot to enjoy time together as a family or a couple, the city’s 12-acre Discovery Green is one of the city’s largest and most breathtaking public parks. Here, a wealth of outdoor activities can be enjoyed including story time, live concerts, a harvest farmer’s market, and even fitness classes.
- Ultimate Urban Escape: The Hotel’s pool is a luxurious destination all on its own. Soak in the lush beauty of the city’s only resort-style pool, located on the fourth floor, and lined with live oak and palm trees. Make a splash, indulge in a poolside spa treatment or enjoy evening s’mores or cocktails by the fire pit.
- Tuscany in Texas: Houston is a culinary hot spot boasting an endless list of fantastic restaurants, including the Hotel’s signature Italian restaurant, Quattro. Without ever leaving the premises, you can savour the time-honoured traditions of classic Italian cooking infused with imaginative Four Seasons flair.
- The Street for Great Eats: Head over to Houston’s lower Westheimer Road for an assorted collection of fantastic eateries all clustered in one bustling area. Try Dolce Vita Pizzeria for the ultimate pizza experience and Indika for outstanding Indian food.
- Can’t Miss Museums: Houston’s museum district is the country’s fourth largest, featuring 18 museums within walking distance of each other. Spend an afternoon browsing an array of fascinating exhibits including the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Houston Galleria and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, housing more than 56,000 works spanning 6,000 years. Also not to be missed is The Menil Collection featuring intriguing works and free admission daily.
- Fashion Forward: The sprawling 3-million-square-foot Houston Galleria is the ultimate shopaholic experience, with flagship stores Neiman Marcus and Saks, along with Gucci, Fendi and more. Antique and artsy shops can be found in the Heights, while eclectic boutiques are just waiting to be discovered in Montrose, River Oaks and Midtown.
- A Grand Evening: Get dressed to the nines and experience opera at its finest. The Houston Grand Opera is the only company in the world to earn two Grammys, two Emmys and a Tony. Or, take in a play—the Houston Theater District spans 17 culture-packed blocks featuring professional performance companies in all disciplines of the performing arts.
- Day Trip to Galveston: Just a short ride away, Galveston is a great day trip, especially in the summer. Check out the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum—a working three-story oil rig converted into a living museum.
- Cocktail Time: For the best frozen margarita in all of Houston—and perhaps the world, stop in at The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation and ask for the Navigation Ninfarita—a house specialty since 1973. Enjoy it with some of the best Tex-Mex in the city!